Sociomantic Labs takes the privacy and security of your data very seriously. Sociomantic Labs (referred to as “Sociomantic,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is an online advertising technology company that helps advertisers to deliver more relevant online display (banner) advertisements using anonymous, non-personally identifiable information. The policy below pertains to our corporate website.
To access the policy pertaining to our online advertising services, click here.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
Sociomantic collects PII (such as your name, email address, or phone number) when you provide it to us directly, for example by using the contact form on our homepage, or when you contact us via email. We use this information to respond to your inquiry, request, or comment, and then we store the information for a reasonable time to complete correspondence and keep a record of communications. We will never share your PII with non-affiliate third parties unless obligated by the national law of the Federal Republic of Germany or international governance. If you would like to update or delete the PII we have on file for you, please feel free to contact us.
Anonymous Data (non-PII)
- Website customization: These first-party cookies remember your preferences on our website, such as language preference or your login credentials for our user interface.
- Website analytics: These third-party cookies help us analyze our web traffic to improve the effectiveness of our website. They collect information such as your browser type, which pages were visited and for how long, and what country you are browsing from.
- Online advertising: The Sociomantic Sonar cookies are used for online advertising. These cookies enable us to serve you more relevant advertisements as you surf the web. They collect information such as how you interact with our clients’ online shops or the online banners that we serve.
Read the Controlling the Use of Your Information section below to learn about how you can manage your cookie preferences via opt-out and browser controls.
Controlling the Use of Your Information
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will never share your PII with non-affiliate third parties without your consent or as otherwise outlined in this policy. Non-PII collected by our advertising technologies may be shared with our partners for the purposes of delivering targeted online advertisements or aggregated reporting. The provision of your personal data to government institutions is only possible within the framework of the national law of the Federal Republic of Germany or in compliance with international governance.
We may also share your information for the following purposes:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Sociomantic is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Most modern web browsers give users the option to control the placement of cookies and/or to delete cookies that have been acquired while browsing the web. You can access these options in the preferences or options section of your web browser.
Links to Other Websites and Partner Cookies
sociomantic labs GmbH